Friday, November 14, 2008

Thing #9

Before I begin I'd like to add a note about Thing #7 and #8--I have to say that I am really using my RSS and several of the other igoogle features that I didn't mention. I used the document feature last night for the 1st time. From the computer lab at UHCL I saved a document and then viewed it later from home and even from work today. It is amazing how all I have to do is sign in to igoogle and I get my "set-up" and all my items. I also used the notebook to save some websites for further investigation. It is wonderful that I don't have to get out my flash drive just to do this.

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? I preferred searching by topic and depending on the tool--some seemed to give me more what I was looking for than others.
Which Search tool was the easiest for you?I found the blogline search tool easiest to use. I like how you could use the drop down menu to search for posts, feeds, citations or the web. I found several valuable feeds. Many are associated with School Library Journal--but topic specific. I am looking forward to perusing these on my Google Reader over the next few days to see the best.

Which was more confusing? For me syndic8.com was confusing or hard to get to what I wanted. It didn't give me much of what I was looking for like blogline did.
What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find? I added one that is called School Library Journal Breaking News and I think it will be very useful on keeping up with the latest trends. Another is called Neverending search and it looks very promising as well. An additional blog is out of Australia and I love being able to see what the other side of the world is doing in their school library. The blog is called pretxts
Other ways I located blogs or news feeds was just by looking at some of the blogs and then looking at some of the blogs they subscribe to. I also just added CNN by typing in CNN.com and then copying and pasting the address. I have it giving me the top stories.
This RSS feed is just great!

No comments: