Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thing #10

I played with all the image generators and I like 2 of them best. Image chef was very easy to use and especially easy to add to my blog. I just clicked a button to add to my blog, chose which blog service, put in my login, password and title, checked a box to put it in the sidebar and clicked post. It was simple. The puppy picture in my sidebar came from this generator.
I also liked comic strip generator. I had to save my picture to my computer first and then add it to my blog, but it was easy to use. There were hundred's of choices of comics to use. If students were going to create their own, it would have to be closely monitored though because some of the choices of pictures do have some bare bottoms, etc. The baby penguin strip and Scooby Doo were created in this image generator.
In the classroom, the image generators could be used in a variety of ways. In writing, students could make a single comic strip and put text in that uses feeling words. They could make a multi-frame comic strip and make up their own story. They could work out their math problems in a multi-step comic strip and it would make them show their work. In the library it could be used to answer questions that are frequently asked. The students and teachers would have fun with this technology.

No comments: