Monday, November 3, 2008

Thing #7

The google advanced search is great! I like looking for powerpoint's that are already made. I put in the word 'math' and 'place value' and got some really good finds. One was even a race that was interactive for a student to do independently. I am going to share these with the teachers tomorrow. I am also definitely going to share how to search for documents on subjects that are already created. Even if they are not exactly what they want, they give something to work with that can be revised. It sure beats starting from scratch!
I also really liked exploring google earth . It is great for social studies and geography. You could study everything from street maps to city maps. The 3D functions are great. It is also a great way to bring famous monuments right into the classroom--like the Statue of Liberty and Mount Rushmore.
I also created my own igoogle page. I love the games and animal pictures. I keep adding more games and revising my page. It's alot of fun.

No comments: