Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thing #14

Doing a keyword search for “School Library Learning 2.0” in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory in Technorati, I did not come up with any results. Maybe I was not doing it correctly. I even went to advanced search. I also tried doing a search on the 3 areas using library collaboration and found nothing. I will definitely have to investigate a better way to search on technorati.
While exploring poplular blogs I found this little treasure of a blog that included this youtube video that is available in France as a DVD. It is hilarious!
apparently there are several more from this company. I love it the end and the creativity they used. Just when you think it is over--they showed how to make something of what we thought was garbage. Watch it to see what I'm talking about. I also like it because it is wordless and so language is not a factor! Looking at the popular blogs is interesting, but I am more interested at this point, in being able to search for blogs relating to my interests.
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/11/22/minuscule-cgi-bug-vi.html
Using tags will be a great time saver and a great way to organize my 'cyberspace'. The value of tagging is truly priceless. We all need more time in our days, and by tagging things on blogs, pictures, websites, etc. when we come across them, we essentially are saving valuable research information at times--before we need it. When we do need it, we will already have some great resources to use before we even have to put time in to find more. What a benefit to a teacher/librarian from day to day, month to month, and even year to year as they are used.
Technorati has a wealth of information on their site and I plan on going back to try to understand it more.
I did look at some of the widgets and gadgets. I am going to attempt to add the ticker of popular searches on Technorati to my blog!

No comments: