Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thing #20

On Youtube I love this Sesame Street video about No Cookies in the library.

It shows the frustration we all feel at times when people don't always listen. I think it could even be used as an illustration of how the patron might feel if libraries don't get on board with 2.0 and the 21st century.
I also searched in Science Fair projects because they have just completed class projects at school. I found this which was kind of like an inspirational advertisement for completing a science fair project and a website to go for to get ideas, resources, and help.

On Teacher tube, I found this video that is the start of one on Librarian-teacher collaboration. I really like what's here so far.

This video and another one based on 'Blind Date' are both on collaboration. I think these short videos might be a good advertisement to the teachers to collaborate. If the teachers can then understand that it is for the good of the students and it will help them as well as their students, we will be that much closer to kids who know how to do research and find out the answers to their own questions. There are also 4 more videos on teacher librarian collaboration by the man who calls himself Dr. Loopy . I have viewed the 1st one and plan to look at the rest. If you want to check them out here is the link to part I.
I don't think you can put a price on the value of so many video resources. I think the videos aimed at the kids are great too, because that is the technology that they see and use themselves at home. Having them create their own videos for assignments, such as responses to literature or the kids explaining the process of regrouping in math would be awesome. If they can teach it, then you know they truly understand. For the youtube videos, I will be learning how to use Zamzar so that I can utilize the many good videos on youtube at school. I am still amazed that so many of the things are really good and that they are free!

2 comments:

"The Librarian" said...

I loved your "No Cookies in the Library" video. I remember watching it when I was little and I love Cookie Monster. It reminds me of the days I have to answer the same question over and over again. :)

Doctor Loopy's House of Fun said...

Hi,
I am the "man who calls hoimself "Dr. Loopy." My real name is Doug Valentine and I am a librarian in Texas. Thanks for looking at my videos on Teachertube. I also have a number of science videos there as well. If you are interested in more of my videos you can also check out this Ning:
http://bookvideo.ning.com/video
Thanks for watching!