Friday, November 21, 2008

Thing #13

Wow! All I have ever used on my browser is my 'Favorites'. Del.icio.us is great! As I was searching, one topic that I chose was library collaboration. Some of the articles that came up are the same as if I was searching the databases at UHCL. But in addition, there were blogs and wikis as well. I also searched podcasts in libraries and got some helpful sites not just that have podcasts, but show the many ways they can be used in libraries by not just the librarian, but the students. Others might find this wiki helpful as well. Check it out!
I think the school community can really take advantage of social bookmarking in the sharing aspect that was in the Commoncraft show. As the librarian builds up bookmarks on various topics, by sharing the best of the best with the teachers some collaboration begins. By everyone being able to share amongst themselves, what a great amount of research that can be done while time is being saved. I will definitely be utilizing delicious. I have been keeping up with my RSS feeds through google reader and have seen the delicious add to--now I can do it!

No comments: