Sunday, November 30, 2008

Micah's 5th Birthday

Alright, I tried out animoto and made this 30 second video from Micah's 5th birthday, back in June of 2008. It is a pretty neat tool. I was wondering the difference between this and photostory when I saw animoto on A Library by any other Name. VWB explained that in Photostory you have more control and it is a program that you download to your computer. Animoto is web-based--(I guess you make your video in cyberspace). I found out that I will need to organize my photos on Flickr in order to better download images to animoto. I recently upgraded my Flickr account so that I put all my digital photos on it (that's about4000). Since they are not organized, animoto downloaded 100 pics, and I couldn't figure out how to change what they were going to download. Then I had to delete over 80 pictures because the video will only take 10 to 15. Maybe a better way would be for me to download the 10 or 15 pics I want to my computer and then upload to animoto. I will definitely have to play with this more.

2 comments:

VWB said...

Cute! your son will have a nice memory of a fun time!

YES...download your pictures to your My Pictures filoe on your computer before you start your Animoto...much easier and faster!!

JALEN said...

Ms.Ford i like your website its cool