Monday, November 24, 2008

a new tool

I heard about this comic book generator from VWB at A Library byAny other Name so I tried it out. It was not as user friendly as I would have liked, but Idid manage to create something. I'm sure that kids that are into making things like this would figure out all the 'bells and whistles of the program better than I did. I had a little trouble finding the speech bubbles--so I saved my work and logged out. As soon as I did the speech bubbles became a choice again, so I added them. I was able to add them without being logged in, but when I went to save, I had to log in. If you give it a try--you might want to put out your scenes first. Then pick your creatures and put them in each frame. (There is a 'recently used' that can help, but I think there is also a couple of views of the same creature and it is difficult to find if you don't get them out at the same time. You can always delete them if you decide you don't need them.) Hopefully when your are ready for speech bubbles, you won't have the difficulty that I had. If I have time, I may try to add to my book. However, it may be Christmas before I get back to it.

1 comment:

VWB said...

wow, you are a quick study! and yea! it opens in district!