Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thing #2

The hardest habit for me in the 7 & 1/2 habits is probably #3: to view problems as challenges. I think this can cloud the ending goal and in turn I become one of the problems to reaching my goal. This may also be linked with #4--being confindent in my competency. If I don't change my thinking and treat all obstacles as challenges, it will lead to me not succeeding.
In many ways my life has been a challenge since my mother passed away when I was 11 years old. I have overcome many obstacles in my life. Maybe as I am getting older, I am becoming more particular with which problems are worth the challenge to overcome.

One thing I really like about the 7 & 1/2 habits is the plan for reaching the goal! I am excited about this. If I consider and anticipate possible problems along the path to my goal, and in turn make plans for fixing them (should they occur), I will be able to be more confident in my success in lifelong learning!

No comments: